Creamy Spinach with Paprika, Garlic, Chili & Chives
A great side to compliment grilled chicken, fish or another protein of your choise.
- 1 pound of fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika, garlic, chili, and chives, blended
- salt and black pepper
- Wash spinach leaves thoroughly in cold water.
- Drain wasted spinach well, then put spinach in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Drain cooked spinach and squeeze out excess water.
- Return drained spinach to saucepan and add 1 teaspoon of water and the 2 tablespoons of cream
- Heat over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring.
- After 1 minute, add the spice blend and stir again.
- Serve and enjoy!
My Mom's Candied Yams
This is a particularly big recipe since the OG recipe was made to feed like 3-5 people. It's a good fall dish to have when you're craving something sweet! It's literally one of my favorite recipes of my mom's. This was actually written by my mom so everyone say hi mom!!!
- 5 lbs of yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 sticks of butter
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- wash, peel and dice yams into cubes
- boil yams in large pot until a fork goes through
- drain the boiled and softened yams and place into a medium sized baking pan & put aside
- in a saute (or frying) pan, mix a cup of packed dark brown sugar, 3/4 of a cup of honey, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and mix on medium heat until completely mixed together and simmering
- take mixture off the heat and add about 2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix well
- pour the mixture over the yams in the baking pan and mix
- get two sticks of butter, slice them in tabs and place all on surface on top of yams don't mix
- sprinkle cinnamon on top to cover do NOT MIX
- put in the oven on 400 degrees farenheit to 415 degrees farenheit for 45 mins
- you should stir after the 1st 20 mins and see how it looks, put it back in and check in about another 20 mins
- it's ready when it browns on top...
- serve and enjoy!