Yeto's Pussy Popping Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup is a super yummy and comforting soup to have in the fall! It pairs really well with sourbread as a side, as well. This recipe is inspired by Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess when Yeto makes soup for Link.
The original recipe was written specific to my 8 quart dutch oven, so if you don't want to make that much soup, divide all ingredients by 2 to make this soup in a 4 quart pot. This soup is also lactose heavy so please, if you're lactose intolerant, keep scrolling...
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced celery
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 quarts of vegetable broth
- 2 cans of pumpkin (58 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans of evaporated milk (24 oz)
- 1 cup of half and half
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly gruound black pepper
- Melt stick of butter in Dutch oven/large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery, then saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and stir while bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to low after boiling, and simmer for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Add pumpkin and cinnamon. Stir every so often while simmering for 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup, in batches, to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, and then return soup to Dutch oven/large saucepan.
- Keep heat low. Stir in the remaining ingredients until the goat cheese is fully blended/melted in the soup, the brown sugar is melted, and the soup is hot enough to serve.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Creamy Pea Soup
Creamy pea soup is a great soup to make and eat on a cool night.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small potato, about 3 oz, chopped
- 1/2 lbs. peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, and potato. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring often until the onion is shiny and the potato is softening.
- Pour in the peas and vegetable stock. Let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes, until the potato is very soft.
- Blend the soup in the blender until smooth; return soup to saucepan.
- Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!!!