Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad
Simple caprese salad for when you want something flavorful, but don't wanna cook.
- 2 balls of mozzarella (5 oz each)
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- 2 oz of basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Cut the mozzarella and tomatoes into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Put each slice of mozzarella on each slice of tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter chopped or torn basil over over the tomato and mozzarella slices
- Drizzle with olive oil right before serving to prevent tomato from getting soggy..
- Serve and enjoy!
Dion's Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a medium/medium large sized pot, pour in 6-8 cups of cold water.
- Carefully lower the eggs into the pot of cold water. Put the lid on the pot and turn the heat all the way up to high.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil for 1 minute, then turn the heat off completely.
- Leave the eggs in the hot water for 14 minutes.
- While you wait for the eggs to cook in the pot, get a mixing bowl and put the mayo, Dijon mustard, and honey apple cider vinegar into the bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture and mix one more time. Cover the bowl and put it into the fridge.
- After the 14 minutes are up, transfer the eggs to an ice bath for 5 minutes.
- De-shell the eggs and place onto paper towel.
- Move the eggs from the paper towel to a plate. Cut each egg in half lengthwise with a paring knife.
- Gently pull the yolks from the halved eggs and place the yolks in a mortar and pestel OR a blender/food processor.
- Crush or blend the yolks completely, then add to the chilled mixture taken from the fridge.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into the hollowed out egg white halves.
- Chill eggs in the fridge for a few hours.
- Serve cold and enjoy!